Friday, August 2, 2013

La Fortuna

Today, all the roommates and I are headed out on an adventure to La Fortuna, which is where the Arenal volcano is. We woke up early to pack and get ready and then headed for downtown. I hung out at the Artisan Market for a while with Kenny, who helped me with my spanish homework and then I met the roommates at the bus station. Kenny made sure to help me find a taxi, because he's always afraid I won't get to where I'm going. He worries too much.

The cab driver was very friendly and dropped me off at the station. I found my roommates quickly and the five of us waited for the bus. Once it arrived, we headed for the back. The bus ride was relaxing, yet extremely crowded at points. The bus driver didn't seem to care how many people were on the bus as long as they all fit. There were people crowded in the aisles, sitting on the stairs, anywhere you could think of. The four hour bus ride was pretty relaxing. I loved listening to music while looking out the window. I never got tired of the lush scenery. The towns and farms on the mountains were beautiful and small.

After many bus stops, we arrived in La Fortuna. We headed for Red Lava tour company and they told us about all the tours and prices. We decided that tomorrow, we will go to Arenal, where we will see the volcano, tour the forest, swim in a waterfall, and relax in the hot springs. We were so excited.

We headed for our hostel and found our room. The hostel was small and cramped, but nice. Three sets of bunk beds and a sink was all that was in the room. We relaxed for a bit and then went out and chatted with the bartender, Jose. He told us all about La Fortuna and how beautiful it is. He also told us where we can get a nice dinner.

We couldn't find the spot Jose told us about but we did find another restaurant. It was nice and we all got a meal that satisfied our cravings. It was all very delicious and the street dogs joined us for our meal. They were looking for shelter since it had been consistently raining since we arrived. After dinner, we just hung out in our room. We are exhausted from the trip and are ready for a good nights sleep before tomorrows adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment